Namaste' !!!

Eye'm so Grateful for all Who have taken Your time to share You, Your spiritual strengths, seekings, & connections with me. Eye have implanted Myself... on my all too-long awaited endeavor, to follow My passions of growth & upRising of mySelf. .....My Art, Poetic Expressions, & Spirit.... they express All things from withIn..... (As eye began to allow MySelf to see again through "Spirit"- Eye've awakened & been freed, again!!!) Connected to One Creator, Creatress, Lover & Guidess off All & All Necessary..... of All=Being......Of All Created & suppressed. Eye pray that as eye grow, you will also, & that You may gain consciousness, Insight, love, peace, growth & light, in Our space... Here at Urth & Earth & In Your lives.....
Peace, Light, Love & Wisdom

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Eye Am Alive


stirring from many nights of sleepless turmoil,
her heavy tear-stained eyes slowly elevated & troubled heart stilled,
she inhaled…. with the knowing of another day’s breath of life,
& exhaled with the fearful possibility of hope

rising….she methodically walks, as her mind is surpassed with thoughts…
realizing that She does have “a pot ta piss in”
& at least “a windah ta throw it out”,
drawing promise from Her soul,
because it is Here, where there’s the only presence of light!!

recognizing the wooden planks beneath Her
that may not sparkle with marble or fancy stones,
yet, “Her” Earth doesn’t peer up & through, at her,
as when she was a child,
& each step caused shifts…
smiling through its cracks, down there, waiting to catch the lil’ girl

“Her” floor’s strength, without fancied enchantments,
“does” hold Her…it holds
holds warmth from the wintry weather ….
holds coolness during summery seasons….
& holds reminders of childhood memories,
reminding Her, that these days could be worse,
today she knows she must go on

anxiety tends to dominant Her Spirit & Soul,
& her mind says, “Just give it up; there’s nothing else you can do.”….
“You can’t give...you can’t even buy what your family needs from you….”

it doesn’t matter what She tries……She just doesn’t seem to have the glue
to hold these masses of matters together,
with everything She does and all that She’s tried,
with all the heart She gives…She always falls short…

then one of many,
a young man tells Her His Story…awakening Her
to some facts known, but easily overseen by life’s loads
rousing Her Soul…
She does have a home and family…
…..at least today…
which He’s never had,
and she knows she must continue toward Her destiny,
she knows she must go on


after walking the rain, to shed tears unseen,
summoning strength incessantly, from ever & always,
meditating, praying, reflecting, being….

uplifting is all She knows to do
working, supporting, standing in the gap….
is what She was raised to do,

Being, Doing, Inspiring, Speaking is all Eye Am
 ….it is Me
Trying, Persevering is all Eye can do.
to Be the best of Me…
Even though it’s won me no medals…
won me no fame…
it’s given Me Me…
it is all that is left of Me,
after giving MySelf, for the lives of everyone else,
to be trampled, like the overlooked beauty of fall leaves;

now, Eye’m asked to give this up
again, when it’s what’s saved me before,
from the very same life’s struggles,
the struggles?
 Is that what Eye’m giving me up to defend?
the ones that never end?

time to put your children first?
“My” Miracles! They have never been anything but,
since I birthed!!”
there are many days I go on, because they’re here!
days for “mama’s” time are rare. ….

you’ve given & taken from me here,
all at one time….
the pain is inexplicable,
as I endure questions with no answers, over & over again…
I walk away once more,
living with your peculiar replays in my brain…out on a limb…

My words?  My art?
My words & My art hold me here!
these are My “only” pieces of peace!


your opinions allow no room for the cares of My heart’s purpose…
the purpose of My being,
the purpose my mind can still cling to sanity, 


now I know why you don’t care to hear the things I express,
it’s not because you don’t understand,
it’s not because you can’t relate,
but, because you feel your sacrifices should also be mine

you don’t care to know, nor do you care to feel
that these are the reflections of your days, my days, her days, his days,
our hells, our heavens, our smiles, our joys,
shone from within the stories in my way…

our pleasures, our pains, our pits, our graves, our resurrections!
our steel ladders and uprising,
lunging us from the tombs of life

Eye’m still accepting this expression of “your” love…
in Your way, because it is yours…
you again, give me words,
and Eye thank you for them… still.

Eye thank you for throwing dirt on my grave, unknowingly;
because today I still rose…
& it is still fresh, as Eye take whiffs of earth’s aroma,
as Eye, “again”, dig my way out,
still lightly & freshly covered, taking my walk;
dusting myself off, lighting an incense,
Eye begin to proofread “Eye Am Alive”

….Eye love you for you appraisal
your criticism, in my disapproval…..
today is another day, Eye’ve engaged in life’s battle,
Eye fight to go on, for My own dreams;
for a change, for a chance,
as Eye show my children how to fight for theirs.

as Eye look at my headboard fall apart, Eye smile.
working an honest Goddess’ work day every day,
Eye look at my bills overflowing onto the floor & I smile;
because Eye have a bed, and I have a floor,
as long as Eye work,
as long as Eye work to live, whatever my choice of work may be;
as long as Eye’m the example of engaging in life’s war, for The Soul’s Dreams;
as long as Eye’m the example of engaging in the battle of life, for The Soul’s Destiny,
Eye’m alive.
Eye thank you for the revelation.
I will write on.
Eye Am alive.

©8/10/12 LeTisha.Woods.Bowie

No comments:

Post a Comment